Vacancy – Geotechnical Consultant
Entech is seeking suitably qualified Geotechnical Consultants with Open Pit or Underground experience to join its Perth based team. Reporting to the Principal Geotechnical Engineer, the position will undertake open pit and/or underground geotechnical consulting work, supporting both the Perth, Vancouver and Toronto offices.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Conducted field programs including geotechnical logging and mapping.
- Perform rockmass characterisation, undertake geotechnical assessments for UG and/or OP mines.
- Competent with all aspects of rock mechanics including aspects such as ground support design methodology, stope stability assessment, pillar design, sequencing, slope design etc.
- Provide technical support on a variety of underground and open pit projects.
- Perform engineering analysis using industry best practices.
- Preparation of detailed engineering reports.
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships.
- Some travel will be required to mine and project sites.
Skills and experience:
- Degree in Geological Engineering, or postgraduate qualifications in Mining Geomechanics or equivalent.
- 1-4 years’ Geotechnical Engineering experience with a strong operational and technical focus; however graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Strong analytical, report writing and interpersonal skills.
- Results-driven, practical engineering solutions.
- A thorough understanding of relevant statutory regulations.
- Consulting experience is preferred but not essential.
- Competence with geotechnical software packages including Rocscience suite (Slide, Dips, Phases, etc), MAP3D, proficiency in mining software packages i.e. Surpac, Deswick. Will be viewed favourably, but not essential.
All applicants must have the right to work and live in Australia.
Please contact Tom Parrott for further information.